Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's been a while..

That's us during our first dance as a married couple.
We were dancing to "My Bestfriend" by Tim McGraw.
Wow, it's been forever since I've posted on here... probably because this has been the busiest six months of my life. So much has happened since December... and I mean a lot. But I'm going to do my best to sum it up into one post for you guys.

Well, I left for boot camp in February. And it was a long three months, but I ended up making it and now proudly call myself a United States Marine. I also went to MCT and now I'm currently at my MOS school and I'm two weeks away from hitting the fleet and going to my first duty station. But before I get too far ahead of myself, I guess the biggest change in my life since December would have to be right when I came home from boot camp in May.

Devil was still in NC when I was going to be home, and he managed to get leave and come home during the same time I'd be there. No one ended up going to my graduation at Parris Island, which was a little disappointing, but I knew I'd see them in a few more days anyway. But during boot camp, I had gotten an invitation to my own wedding from my fiance. I showed all of my friends at boot camp and they thought it was adorable... and I knew I'd be getting married once I got home. So when May 19th rolled around, I guess you could say I had the best day of my life. I married my best friend. We had an awesome wedding. I remember being in this room with my sister, so that my husband wouldn't see me. But I could hear his voice just outside the door and I couldn't believe I was about to marry him. And then when I was walking down the isle with my dad, I couldn't stop smiling at Devil, and he couldn't either. It was crazy! And then we were holding hands and staring at each other the entire time we were saying our vows. Before I knew it, we were kissing and then walking out the door and having tons of rice thrown at us. The reception was great, too. We had a Marine Corps themed wedding, and even got to be in the newspaper. We had a Marine Corps cake and cut it with a K-Bar, which was awesome. I also had a few alcoholic beverages, and so did my husband, and I do have a few crazy stories from that night... but I'll save those for another day. All in all, it was the best day of my life and whenever I'm feeling depressed, that's one of the things I think about to put me back in my "happy place".

Well now I'm at my MOS school and I'm about to graduate in two weeks and head over to North Carolina -- where my husband is also stationed. I've been waiting an entire year to finally be able to live with him, so I'm excited that I'm only two weeks away from it now. We've seen each other for a total of two months out of the past thirteen, so you can imagine what this feels like. I'll post more pictures from my wedding later. (:



No comments:

Post a Comment