Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gift Ideas?

Well, Christmas is only 12 days away! It's crazy how fast time flies, it feels like it was just the beginning of August to me. Not that I'm complaining, I love Christmas and being able to spend time with my family -- especially since this will be my last Christmas at home for a while.

Fortunately, Devil is waiting to see if his request for RA is granted or not, and so he has a good chance of coming home for the holidays! I'm thrilled about this, because it would be the last time I get to see him before leaving for boot camp in February, of course. But who doesn't want to spend the holidays with your loved one? Being cuddled up, drinking hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies are definitely some of my favorite things to do.

But with Devil coming home, I wanted to get him a Christmas present. We already agreed that having him home is the only thing that we both really want, and that nothing else is needed, but I don't want him to be the only one without any sort of gift on Christmas Day. So I was thinking. I don't really want to buy him anything huge because he more than likely won't be able to take it with him (at least for a long while) and I don't want to get him something generic. You know, the typical male gifts such as cologne, clothing, pocket knives, technology, video games, that sort of thing.

I was thinking more along the lines of something crafty that means a lot more. I was thinking about putting together a children's book that contained the story of how we met and cute events that have taken place during our relationship. This would be done with construction paper, string, and drawing super cute stick figures. I was also thinking that I could put together a mixed CD of songs that remind me of him, or maybe getting one of those photo frames with tons of spots to put different pictures and everything. But I was wondering if maybe you guys had any other ideas of some kind of gift that would mean a lot more than one you just went out to the store and picked up. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment