Monday, December 5, 2011

Just Another Day

Today was a pretty slow day for me, but I think I managed to get a lot accomplished. First of all, it's monday and you know what that means. I linked up to the Monday Military Blog Hop for the first time -- so if that's why you're here, you should comment on this post and let me know so that I can follow you! c:
I love meeting new people and I can't wait to meet more military girlfriends/fiances/wives.

Also, I was messing around on MS Paint today and I think I'm going to start making these cute little pixels for people who request them. I made a page about it, so if you want one to post somewhere on your blog, check it out and request one. It doesn't take long to do at all, and I'd be more than happy to make one for you.

Other than that, I got in touch with my old high school basketball team and we're trying to put together a game where all of the great players of the past (myself included) play the varsity team of this year (not to mention, my sister is on the team), so that should be fun. I really miss playing basketball -- especially since it was my life throughout school. It's weird not having to go to practice, or spend all summer in the gym. So I'm excited about being able to play with my old team mates one more time before I take off to boot camp.

Speaking of boot camp... I need to start running more. It's been really cold outside, not to mention it's been snowing. And I don't think running on a treadmill feels the same as running on pavement. I'm not too worried though, I've always been in decent shape. I think that no matter how much you prepare for boot camp, you still won't be prepared enough. I'm not worried about how prepared I'll be, but I think I should at least be less unprepared, if that makes sense. It's a whole new level of physical training that I've never experienced, but once the initial shock of it is over, I think I'll be okay. I'm getting ready to cut out the soda and sweets I've let myself enjoy for the past few months. Time to get back to H20 and healthy foods.

As far as things with Devil go, I should be able to hear from him again tomorrow. He got his orders today and so hopefully he was told he got Recruiter's Assistance and that he'll be coming home for Christmas... but one can only hope! I'll keep you guys updated!


6 comments:

  1. Hi! My name's Hanna, I'm a newlywed Army wife. You're more than welcome to follow me and I'll do the same for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hanna! I'll definitely head over to your blog and follow you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Stephanie! Thanks so much for joining in the hop today! :) You are AWE-some! Good luck with boot camp and wedding planning. Please email me if you have questions about anything from the wife side. I'd love to help you or just pray with/for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome! And thank you as well! It means a lot to me. I'm glad I decided to do this, I feel much better about it already. And I will most definitely be having some wife questions shortly, I'm sure! Thank you again! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo! Here from millie monday!!!

    You are so brave and wise to be preparing as much as you can. Hubby struggled with headaches at boot camp when they cut out all his caffeine intake :/

    Your pixel people are SO CUTE!!!! LOVE THEM <3

    Good luck with the basketball game, sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thank you! That means a lot! c:
    I'm going to head over to your blog and follow you! :D

    And I heard that happens! I figure I should get used to it ahead of time.

    And thank you again! I'm glad you like my pixel people. Haha. c:

    ReplyDelete