Saturday, December 3, 2011

the longer the waiting, the sweeter the kiss

So I have decided to turn to this blog as a way to vent and be able to escape from the real world. I have found that the job of being a military fiance is probably one of the hardest out there. I know that there are a lot of ladies out there who have gone through countless deployments and years spent away from their military man, and I can't say that I know what that feels like yet, but I'm surely about to find out.

My fiance is a newly made United States Marine, and we met during our senior year of high school, and we've been inseperable ever since. I've stuck with him during the three months he was at boot camp, and even flew out to see him graduate. Unfortunately, he's gone again for more training and I'm stuck back at home. But there is something a little different about our military relationship, something even more rare than your typical military man and his wife. I'm going to be apart of The Fewer and The Prouder in just a few months. I'm going to be a female Marine. I leave for boot camp sometime in February, but the way things are looking... my fiance isn't going to be able to come home and see me one last time before I leave. That means we'll be apart for almost a solid nine months.

I think that's almost worse than deployment (minus the whole being in harms way bit, for sure). He's finally going to be able to make phone calls home and be able to talk for the first time in months, and I'll have my right to do so taken away at almost the same exact time. He's going to be surrounded by his Marine buddies and they're going to be talking to their girlfriends and wives, and my fiance is going to be stuck writing letters. I feel bad for him, because I know what that's like. I don't have any doubts about him remaining faithful to me, he will. I just hope he has an easier time going through three months without even hearing my voice a single time than I did. He's strong though, stronger than I am. Maybe that's why I admire him so much.

Anyways, at the moment I'm waiting for a phone call from him sometime today. I really hope he gets to call... I have so much to tell him, and ask him about. It's tough to figure out things when we're so far away. I'm supposed to be getting married before boot camp! Ugh. The military life is definitely not for the weak, that's for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, and greetings from Alaska! I am stopping by from the Military Monday Blog Hop.
    Hopefully you got the call! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! Your the first person to ever comment, haha. You made my day!
    And I did happen to get that call! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess all I can say is welcome to the club. My ship date is feb as well. Maybe I'll see you on the island :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And that's awesome! Maybe we will! I wish you the best of luck. Paradise Island, here we come. Haha!

    ReplyDelete