Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Skype Date

The title basically says it all. Devil finally got to his MOS school late last night and after texting and calling me on and off all day. Once he got there, he called me and told me that he had a laptop already and I asked him how much he paid for it. $1000. I'm not surprised. Computers or anything with technology is Devil's thing. He knows all about them, he had a class about them for two years... so he knows a good computer from a crappy one, so I wasn't going to tell him how $1000 for a laptop seemed a little pricey to me.
It was already close to midnight where he was, but we got on Skype for a few minutes just to test it out. He went a little crazy with the webcam.


This was the first time we saw each other in a long time and it seemed like we were both a little camera shy at first. We kept smiling at each other but we didn't really have much to say. Unfortunately, it was cut short and Devil decided he should probably get some sleep since he had to be up in about four hours... and it was going on 4 a.m. for me.

Today he had to do some admin stuff at MOS School and he told me that his classes aren't going to start up until January! So I'm really hoping he'll be home for Christmas. We've got so much stuff to do. This is going to be the last time I see him until I'm a United States Marine, which is still five months away! It's going to take a lot of hard work, with the two of us being in the military, but we're ready for it. I wonder if I'll have time to find a cheap wedding dress while he's home. I know we're going to end up with a small wedding at the court house, but that doesn't mean we can't get pictures taken somewhere nice. There's a pretty nature reserve place out here in Michigan about five minutes away from my house, and I think it would be cute if we went there and took pictures while I was in a wedding dress and he was in his Dress Blues. Granted, it wasn't snowing or rainy... which it is about 60% of the time here.

Oh, and you know those photobooths in the mall where you get a strip of like four pictures? I really, really want to go to the mall while we're both all dressed up and get one of those. I think people would think it was cute, and I'd feel so special! I told Devil about that a long time ago, and he pinky promised we'd be able to do that. We'll see, I suppose!

I think we're going to have another skype date tonight, hopefully a longer one since he's all settled in now! I'm excited. It's weird. I don't wear regular clothes all day, I stay in pajamas and have my hair up and everything. And when he wanted to skype date, I had to do my hair and put on clothes and fix my make up... at midnight. Who does that? I guess us Military girlfriends/fiances/wives do. (:






No comments:

Post a Comment